Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a technology that aims to automate time-consuming and repetitive processes of businesses with virtual robots. RPA enables more efficient and effective use of human resources while helping to execute business processes faster and with a minimum error rate. As a result, costs decrease and customer satisfaction significantly increases.
In addition to all these, it is possible to achieve maximum results and stand out from the competition by strengthening RPA technology with additional agile applications. Agile practices bring a new level of flexibility and adaptability to RPA projects, allowing organizations to respond quickly to changing business needs and achieve results faster.
Agile practices offer a popular methodological approach to the management of Robotic Process Automation projects. This approach encourages working in an environment focused on flexibility, collaboration and continuous improvement, enabling projects to be completed faster, more efficiently and in line with customer expectations. Agile practices are based on the principles of the Agile Manifesto, which emphasizes regular iteration, continuous feedback, and rapid adaptation to changes.
By adopting agile practices, RPA projects can reap significant benefits. Agile methodologies enable quick adaptation to changes and improvements in the project as it progresses. RPA teams that benefit from agile practices can ensure that they provide the customer with the right automation solution in a timely and effective manner. In addition, the collaborative and adaptable approach of agile practices helps to improve communication and coordination within the team and with stakeholders.
Agile applications encourage flexibility, collaboration, and continuous improvement, which are key elements for achieving successful results in RPA projects. They enable organizations to respond more quickly and effectively to their needs and customer demands, while also detecting and correcting errors at a faster pace.
To effectively integrate Agile practices into the RPA workflow, organizations need to follow a structured approach. This involves understanding the Agile framework and principles and establishing clear roles and responsibilities within the RPA team. Additionally, the team should regularly review and adjust their approach to ensure alignment with the organization’s goals and changing needs of the RPA project. These steps will help to ensure the smooth implementation of Agile practices in the RPA workflow.
There are a few key considerations that organizations should keep in mind when integrating Agile practices into the RPA workflow:
RPA and agile methodologies have proven effective in improving business processes for organizations of all sizes. In this section, we will examine two specific examples of successful RPA-agile integration in the enterprise world.
Example 1: Uber Coordinates Global Operations with the Help of RPA
Uber is a transportation network company that coordinates ride-hailing services in more than 900 metropolitan areas around the world. Uber has automated over 100 manual processes by integrating its RPA platform with its agile methodology to streamline its global operations. As a result, Uber had significant savings, including:
Example 2: Carglass Increases Sales and Employee Satisfaction with RPA-Agile Applications
Carglass is a leading European company specialized in repairing and replacing vehicle glass. To improve its operations, the company has adopted an RPA-Agile solution that automates multiple processes.
By implementing this approach, Carglass has been able to save two hours every day by importing accurate data and enabling its employees to focus on more value-added tasks. This increase in efficiency has resulted in a 15% increase in sales. Additionally, most Carglass technicians have had positive experiences and reported being 99% satisfied with the RPA-Agile solution.
In conclusion, the integration of RPA and Agile applications can provide significant process improvements and tangible results for an organization. The examples of Uber and Carglass demonstrate the power of this integration and the benefits it can bring to organizations. Organizations that embrace RPA and agility can remain competitive in today’s rapidly changing business environment and achieve their goals.
- “Why an Agile Approach is Essential to Scaling RPA.” Intelligent Automation Network, www.intelligentautomation.network/scaleable/articles/why-an-agile-approach-is-essential-to-scaling-rpa.
- “Agile Approach to Automation Delivers RPA at Scale.” Blueprint, 24 June 2020, www.blueprintsys.com/blog/rpa/agile-approach-automation-delivers-rpa-scale.
- DiCristina, Jon. “RPA the Agile Way.” Medium, Slalom Technology, 27 Feb. 2020, medium.com/slalom-technology/rpa-the-agile-way-d02122f19e28.
- “5 Best Practices for RPA Success.” Pateam, www.pateam.co/5-best-practices-for-rpa-success/.
- “RPA in Retail: Top Use Cases of Robotic Process Automation.” Global Growth Solutions IT Consulting, ggsitc.com/blog/rpa-in-retail-top-use-cases-of-robotic-process-automation.
- “UiPath Automation Case Studies: Carglass Grows Sales & Employee Satisfaction with UiPath Apps.” UiPath, 2021, www.uipath.com/resources/automation-case-studies/carglass-grows-sales-employee-satisfaction-with-uipath-apps.
- “UiPath Automation Case Studies: Uber Maintains Global Infrastructure Built on RPA.” UiPath, 2021, www.uipath.com/resources/automation-case-studies/uber-maintains-global-infrastructure-built-on-rpa.
- “YouTube – How Robotic Process Automation Is Revolutionizing Business Operations.” YouTube, uploaded by UiPath, 12 Mar. 2019, www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XqG7mE6hCI.